Lawyers play a pivotal role in the financial world, but they will have more impact when they bring their knowledge, skills and confidence in finance to a much higher level. The Finance for Lawyers program aims to fill this knowledge gap by providing people with a legal background with the knowledge to better understand the financial decision-making of their corporate clients, and to communicate more effectively in integrated teams of lawyers, accountants, and investment bankers.
“This course should be mandatory for every M&A lawyer to fully understand what you are drafting/negotiating.”
Senior Legal Counsel Philips International, The Netherlands
How you will benefit
- Understand the key basic concepts in corporate finance and investments
- Be able to ask the right questions to your clients, and to their main financial advisors – accountants and investment bankers
- Add more value to your client when negotiating with the other party, as you will be able to estimate the financial implication of specific changes in the deal
- Improve your understanding of current financial market developments and trends
|Day 1||09:00 – 17:30|
|Day 2||09:00 – 17:30|
|Day 3||09:00 – 17:30|
Is this program not the right fit for you?
We offer other programs which you might find more interesting or useful, such as:
- Financial accounts
- Balance sheet, classification and ratios
- Profit and loss account, classification and ratios
- Statement of cash flow
- Working capital and capex
Time value of money
- Time value of money (TVM) and its implications in the corporate world
- Discounting and compounding
Valuation and cost of capital
- Valuation methods: introduction
- Discounted cash flow (DCF) valuation
- Beta and the cost of capital (WACC)
Mergers and leveraged transactions
- Key features of an M&A transaction
- Valuation in M&A
- Valuation in practice
- Private equity and leveraged buyouts (LBOs)
The Finance for Lawyers program is aimed at legal professionals who want to expand their understanding of (corporate) finance and investments.
This training does not assume any prior knowledge regarding finance, mathematics, or statistics. Please contact us should you feel the need to verify your level of knowledge.
Other programs that might interest you: