Welcome to the Entrepreneurial Finance program taught by Prof. Luisa Alemany , Associate Professor of Management Practice and the Academic Director of the Institute of Entrepreneurship and Private Capital at London Business School. On this page you will find all information regarding location, the time schedule and course materials.
We start on Thursday 29 September at 09:00 hrs with registration from 08:30 hrs onward. For a complete overview of times, content per day and course materials, please refer here to the Program Outline.
To ensure maximum benefit from the program for yourself and other participants, you should study the required reading and the cases prior to attending. During the program more materials will be available online. Please bring your laptop or tablet so that you can access these materials.
Program time schedule
|Thursday 29 September||09:00 – 17:30|
|Friday 30 September||09:00 – 17:30|
Aristo Meeting Center Amsterdam
1043 EJ Amsterdam
Study materials for this program consist of cases (see tab Case materials) and excerpts from the eBook for which you received a unique redeem code by email :
“Entrepreneurial Finance; The Art and Science of Growing Ventures” by Alemany & Andreoli.
You will receive the e-book soon per email.
Required reading before class
- Chapter 1,“Introduction to Entrepreneurial Finance”
- Chapter 4, “Venture Capital, Private Equity and Corporate Venture Capital”. Please read intro and sections 4.1, 4.2 and 4.5 for session 1
Required reading during class
- Chapter 6, “Deal Sourcing and Screening”. Please read 6.4 and 6.5 (including case study and solution)
- Chapter 8, “Valuation of New Ventures”
- Chapter 9, “The Term Sheet and Negotiating with Investors”. Please read 9.1 and 9.4 (only until 9.4.3 included)
- Chapter 17, “Harvesting: The Exit”. Please read 17.1 and 17.2
Background reading from the book
- Chapter 2, “Early Sources of Funding (1): Incubators, Accelerators and Crowdfunding”
- Chapter 10, “Monitoring Tactics and Key Metrics”
- Chapter 11, “Corporate Governance”
- Chapter 12, “Managing your Intellectual Property”
Background articles to learn more
Via the links below you can access the case materials. During the program the solutions of the cases will be uploaded.
Required reading cases
- Trip4Real – After reading the case, please focus on the Term Sheet and review it in depth. Reading of chapter 9, sections 9.1 and 9.4 can help you prepare.
- SCYTL – Please read the case. We will discuss the different exit options during the second day of the program.
During the program the handouts will be uploaded and available via links.
- Introduction to Venture Capital, Private Equity and Business Angels
- Screening: How do investors analyze a Business Plan
- Valuation of New Ventures
- Convertible Notes