A safe learning environment – Covid-19 measures at AIF and in The Netherlands
Read here about the measures in The Netherlands in general and at AIF in particular to control the spreading of the Covid-19 virus.
Relevant Covid-19 measures in The Netherlands (September 2021) gathered under one link:
Information on travelling to The Netherlands:
Travelling from the Schengen/EU area:
Travelling from outside the Schengen/EU area:
When and where to use a face mask in The Netherlands:
Covid-19 measures at AIF
At some places in The Netherlands you may be required to show a proof of vaccination, a (recent) negative Covid test result, or proof of recovery of Covid infection before entering. You do not need to present such a document when attending a program at AIF; however, we urge you to behave responsibly and follow social distancing and other Covid safety measures.
The training location for most of our programs is the Room Mate Aitana Hotel near the center / central station of Amsterdam. Some programs take place at a different hotel, also near the city center. You will always be clearly advised where your training will take place. The course locations are prepared to comply with all national standards regarding health and safety. Hygiene measures, distance to others and catering service are adjusted accordingly:
1. Fewer participants. Being able to keep sufficient (1.5 m) distance to your fellow participants is essential. This means that the maximum number of participants for our programs is lower than before.
2. Bigger classrooms. Larger classrooms are used, making it possible that chairs and desks can be placed far enough apart.
3. Face masks. We encourage you to wear a face mask when entering the hotel and when moving in the public spaces of the hotel but wearing a mask is not compulsory. When you are in your seat in the classroom, or at lunch, it is not necessary to wear a mask as we are able to secure the 1.5 meter distance from each other.
4. No physical contact. We have all needed to get used to it: no friendly handshake from the instructor, or when getting to know the other participants. It’s good to keep reminding each other of this.
5. Hygiene and cleaning. Disinfectant hand gel is available at the hotel foyer, as well as the entrance of the classrooms, and in the restaurant. These are replenished regularly. The hotel staff does extra cleaning rounds on the premises to reduce the risk of contamination.
6. Lunch and catering. At the hotel restaurant, there is plenty of space between the tables to safeguard social distancing. Lunch is served individually, or when applicable, pre-packaged.
7. Virus symptoms. There is a quick Covid test location at Room Mate Aitana Hotel, should you need to get tested during your course. Ask AIF or hotel staff for more information. As with offices, restaurants, etc. we ask you to stay at home if you are coughing, have a fever or other signs that may indicate infection.
If you have a course planned but your situation changes due to, for example, Covid policy changes in your organization, do not hesitate to consult with us. We want to think along with you and are here for personal advice and consultation.
Stay healthy – we look forward to welcoming you to Amsterdam soon!