A safe learning environment – Covid-19 measures at AIF and in The Netherlands.
Read here about the measures in The Netherlands in general and at AIF in particular to control the spreading of the Covid-19 virus.
The training location for most of our in-class programs is the DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station hotel near the center and central station of Amsterdam. The course location is prepared to comply with all national standards regarding health and safety. Hygiene measures, distance to others and catering service are adjusted accordingly. Moving forward, we keep monitoring the situation closely.
Relevant Covid-19 measures in The Netherlands (14 January 2022) gathered under one link: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19
Information on travelling to The Netherlands:
Travelling from the Schengen/EU area:
Travelling from outside the Schengen/EU area:
Covid-19 measures at AIF
- Face masks. Entering any public space (such as a hotel), you should wear a face mask. The mask can be taken off when you’re in the classroom or seated at lunch but has to be worn when you are moving around in the hotel.
- Proof of vaccination (QR code). Everyone will be asked (daily) for a proof of vaccination/recovery from covid/negative test result when entering the classroom.
- Fewer participants/bigger classrooms. Being able to keep sufficient (1.5 m) distance to your fellow participants is essential. This means that the maximum number of participants for our programs is lower than before. Larger classrooms are used, making it possible that chairs and desks can be placed far enough apart.
- No physical contact. We have all needed to get used to it: no friendly handshake from the instructor, or when getting to know the other participants. It’s good to keep reminding each other of this.
- Hygiene and cleaning. Disinfectant hand gel is available at the hotel foyer, as well as the entrance of the classrooms, and in the restaurant. These are replenished regularly. The hotel staff does extra cleaning rounds on the premises to reduce the risk of contamination.
- Lunch and catering. At the hotel restaurant, there is plenty of space between the tables to safeguard social distancing.
- Virus symptoms. There are several covid test locations in Amsterdam, should you need to get tested during your course. Ask AIF or hotel staff for more information. As with offices, restaurants, etc. we ask you to stay at home if you are coughing, have a fever or other signs that may indicate infection. We understand that these are uncertain times. If you enrolled for an in-class program but do not feel comfortable, you can flexibly switch to a later date.
If you have a course planned but your situation changes due to, for example, Covid policy changes in your organization, do not hesitate to consult with us. We want to think along with you and are here for personal advice and consultation.
Stay healthy – we hope to welcome you to Amsterdam soon!